The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your DiskontoBooks experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses diskontobooks.co.za or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of diskontobooks.co.za on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mails from DiskontoBooks if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mails from us, please Unsubscribe at the bottom of each e-mail.
Sharing of Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling or sharing it to others.
- You input your Card information directly on the Payment Gateways portal and DiskontoBooks does not receive any information during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- By subscribing to the DiskontoBooks Newsletter, you give DiskontoBooks permission to send you their newsletter, which includes special offers, to the e-mail address that you had registered with.
- DiskontoBooks is backed by PayFast with 3D Secure, which guarantees complete security when using your credit card for payment.
- Neither DiskontoBooks, its holding company, associates, consultants, or employees will be liable for any damages relating to the use of this site, irrespective of the cause of your loss. Without affecting the foregoing, we are not liable for:
a) Any interruption; malfunction; downtime, or other failure of the site or computer systems for whatever reason;
b) Any interruption, malfunction, downtime, or other failure of goods or services provided by third parties, including without limitation: public switched telecommunication service providers, Internet service providers, electricity suppliers, local authorities, and certification authorities; or
c) An event of force majeure or any other event over which DiskontoBooks has no direct control.